This is how HBO describes the show on their website:
“Summers span decades. Winters can last a lifetime. And the struggle for the Iron Throne continues.
It stretches from the south, where heat breeds plots, lusts and intrigues, to the vast and savage eastern lands, where a young queen raises an army. All the while, in the frozen north, an 800-foot wall of ice precariously protects the war-ravaged kingdom from the dark forces that lie beyond. Kings and queens, knights and renegades, liars, lords and honest men...all play the 'Game of Thrones.'”
We’d like to stay in the safety of King’s Landing, within the walls of the Red Keep, Thank you very much!
For the decor of this GOT party, we wanted to keep it simple and rustic, but still represent all the Houses currently raging war over the Iron Throne. Wine, food, decor...the works. We recreated Daenerys Targaryen's Dragon Eggs (Which you can check out HERE). The Khalasar's Horses and the Lannister Lions were also recreated with miniature toy animals, gilded in gold. And kingly banners adorned our photo booth.
For the Gilded Animals you are going to need just 2 things: Spray Paint and Plastic toy animals.
- Give them 2 coats of metallic gold spray on either side and they will shine through like sunbeams.
The Land of Westeros is currently ruled by House Baratheon of King’s Landing. Their banner is a combination of the Baratheon Black Stag and the Lannister Gold Lion. This banner bunting is perfect for any royal feast.
- Download the Banner HERE
- Gold Ribbon / Red Ribbon / Twine / Yarn
- Glue stick
- Print out the banners in numbers to fit the length of your table. I used 10. If you would like to use this bunting as a backdrop for your photo booth, I suggest printing out 12-15.
- Cut out the banner. Punch a hole ½ an inch diagonally in from each of the top corners.
- Weave a gold/red ribbon or twine through the holes in the banner.
- Tape or glue the ribbon on the back end of the paper so it stays put.
- Place the bunting above or in front of the table.
- Reuse again to hang over your bed after the party. ;)