“Are those to eat?” “It’s such artwork, can I even touch it?” “Are you sure?” These are the questions I was asked for my House of Cards Party dessert table by my guests. Funnily enough I had to demonstrate how to pick out the strawberries and the fact that they are meant to be eaten. These strawberry towers are a beautiful way to swap out jars of candy on your dessert table. In today's times of kale, quinoa and zoodles, you are left with so much untouched candy at the end of the party. Not that candy is bad, but it makes you think twice before serving it again at your next event. So make these the next time you want a ruby adorned dessert table. Fresh bright big sweet strawberries will be the perfect accompaniment for your cake.
- Cone shaped Styrofoam, 6inches high
- Flat circular shaped Styrofoam, 6inches in diameter
- Spray-paint (Gold / Silver)
- Cling wrap
- Hot glue gun
- Spray-paint all your Styrofoam pieces in silver or gold as per your party settings.
- Once dry, wrap in cling wrap for food safety reasons. Attach cone piece to the base piece with the help of a hot glue gun.
- Cut off the green ends of the strawberries to give them a flat edge.
- Insert toothpick halfway through the strawberries.
- Start building your strawberry tower using the biggest strawberries at the bottom and working your way up. Keep refrigerated until time to serve.
My husband could not resist eating a piece of strawberry. By the time I got to take this picture, all I was left with was a toothpick.
HMH Designs does this tower more justice with chocolate covered strawberries. Click here to check that out.