Brownies. Brownies. Brownies. #EnoughSaid
You don’t need me to tell you a whole story about how EEVVERYONE loves brownies and how they are so delicious you go into la la land and never wanna come back. So let’s get straight to it, shall we? What I did here was take the brownie recipe from ‘Bakers Royale’ and the espresso glaze recipe from Giada De Laurentiis and BOOM! Best brownies ever. I also used a shallow rectangular pan (12inx7.5in) to bake these brownies since I got more pieces out of it that way. (Greedy much?!)
For The Brownies
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, sifted
- 8 ounces melted butter
- 1 1/4 cups Dark Cocoa Powder, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl till fluffy and yellow. Add both sugars and whisk until creamy.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- Pour batter into greased and floured pan. Bake in a 300(F) Degrees pre-heated oven for 25-30 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownie comes out clean.
- Cut into pieces with a plastic serrated knife while warm. Clean the knife with a warm wet napkin after every row/column. Let the pan cool on a wire rack.
- Once the brownies are cooled down. Remove pieces from pan and arrange on a wire rack placed on a tray lined with kitchen paper towel / parchment paper.
For The Glaze
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter at room temperature
- Dissolve 2 teaspoons of instant espresso powder in 2 tablespoons of water in a medium bowl.
- Whisk in the vanilla.
- Add the powdered sugar and butter and whisk until smooth.
- Spoon the glaze over each brownie piece. Carefully transfer the wire/tray of brownies to the refrigerator to set. Bring to room temperature before serving.