Who doesn't love a frittata? It just sounds so fancy that even if you don’t like it you want to eat it. I love making different variations right from a 8-12 eggs baked one for a crowd or just a 4 eggs skillet frittata for two. This one’s got a whole lot of veggies so it’s wholesome and healthy.
- 8 large eggs + 4 egg whites
- 2 medium onions or 1 large onion, chopped
- 3-4 garlic pods, chopped
- 10-15 grape tomatoes - sliced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (depending on how cheesy you want your frittata to be you can use anywhere between 1/4 cup to 2/3 cup)
- 1 bunch spinach, blanched (or 1/2 cup frozen spinach thawed and drained)
- 1 bottle roasted red bell peppers (you can buy the sliced version too, it’ll save you a step)
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl and keep aside.
- In a pan heat some olive oil add onions and sauté till they are translucent and pink, then add the grape tomatoes till they are slightly blistered. Mix in the garlic and spinach and take your pan off the heat. Let cool.
- Add this veggie mix to the beaten eggs. Mix in the peppers and cheese. Add salt, pepper and paprika to taste. Stick it in a 350(F) degree oven for about 30-40 mins or when a dipped toothpick comes out clean just like in a cake.