These are the yummiest most easy no mess pancakes you will ever make. You’re gonna thank me later. Though they are Ina Garten’s recipe (She is so good with comfort food, just makes you feel like your back home being pampered by mom), I did make a few changes to not feel guilty about the indulgence that are these pancakes. Don’t feel guilty when you eat them, feel guilty after while you’re at the gym sweating it out..Muhahaha. Ok, ok, top it with some fruits and feel your guilt lift up in the air like a cloud of sugary dust.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter,
- 3 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest (use lemon zest if you don’t have oranges)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place 2 tablespoons of butter in a shallow glass pie dish and keep aside.
- Place the eggs in a mixing bowl and whisk on medium speed until mixed. Add the milk and combine. Slowly add the flour, orange zest, vanilla and salt. Mix until just smooth. Don’t over beat, fold by hand if the mixture is lumpy.
- Place your butter filled dish in the oven for 2 minutes, until the butter is hot and bubbly. Rotate your dish to spread the butter covering the bottom of the dish. Immediately pour the batter over the butter in the dish and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until puffed and lightly browned.
- Garnish with confectioners’ sugar and honey or maple syrup. Fruits like berries, mangoes, bananas and peaches will taste great too.